Monday, October 3, 2011

32 weeks

Today I am 32 weeks and I can feel it getting closer. I know I've said the last few weeks that I can't believe she'll be here in so many weeks, well I'm starting to really feel it! I'm getting nervous about having a baby at home and what labor will feel like, and about how life as we know it is almost over.
I have had more Braxton Hicks contractions within the last week or so. I've had a few days where I've felt dizzy on and off. I've had more trouble sleeping and staying comfortable while trying to sleep. I've had just as much heartburn, but I know mine is associated with stress. I've felt her move TONS more, which is awesome! I've felt a little bit more tired. No new cravings. It is getting much harder to bend over for anything including tying my shoes. I've been feeling more emotional and can cry at the drop of a hat.
And my pregnancy brain has become worse! Last Friday, I told a student to go back to class. About 15 minutes later his para came looking for him; he never made it back to class. She checked the bathrooms and outside at recess. Eventually the principal, social worker, counselor, and the para were all looking all over the building for him. I happened to hear voices next door in the speech room and that's when it hit me like a rock! Right after I sent the student back to class, the speech pathologist stuck her head in and said she was taking him for testing. I completely forgot she even had him until it was quiet enough in my room that I could hear voices. I was so embarrassed!
Thursday was my last 4 week appointment. My belly was measuring 32.5 centimeters, which is right on target. My blood pressure was fine. I've gained 23 pounds so far, which the doctor was pleased with (as normal is 30 for overall pregnancy). She did test my thyroid again and found it was elevated; so she increased my dosage. She said it was normal for it to go up. Other than that, things were great! I asked her about taking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, she said it was fine, so today was my first few glasses. We'll see if it helps with delivery.
My baby shower was this weekend and it was FANTASTIC!!! We got lots of great things, and it was SO nice to see my high school friends and family I don't always get to see. We got lots of gift cards and things off of our registry. I am so thankful for my mom and Auntie Polly who put everything together! I can't wait for Raelynn to get here so I can go buy some more things we need. I'm planning on spending some of it on cloth diapers and some gift cards on some more towels and sheets. (I'm not sure of how many of those I'll need, but more wouldn't hurt.)
This week we're attending the first birthing class at the hospital and celebrating our one year anniversary! I am so thankful for Ryan as he has been there with me through lots and I can't wait to go through lots more together.

I'm glad I have finally had a Monday night that I haven't fallen asleep at 6:30 (which I totally could have tonight) and got my blog done before the middle of the week! I hope everyone has a great week!

Love,
The Thomas Family

No comments:

Post a Comment