Tuesday, October 18, 2011

6 more weeks!

Wow! 34 weeks yesterday.... that means just 6 more weeks! It feels like it has been 8 months since we found out. Now I just can't wait for her to be here.
We finished our birthing class last Wednesday, which went well. The thing I got out of it the most was that the hospital staff is there to help with anything we should need. I also had my doctor appointment on Wednesday afternoon. It was the first time I had seen this doctor and it went well. I hadn't gained any weight in the last 2 weeks, so just 23 all together so far. She measured my uterus and said it was 37cm. Two weeks ago it was at 35.5cm; I should have been between 31 and 35. So, I measured big, but the doctor said it could be because she is laying in a weird position. However, she wants me to go in for an ultrasound to be sure she is not too big, because if she is then they will take more precautions. So my ultrasound is scheduled for next Wednesday. I'm glad we're getting to see her again because I've been thinking about what I would do if she was a boy and with the ultrasound we will hopefully get to see her show herself off again. The doctor also said her heart rate was good and she was definitely head down! So overall, it was a good visit.
This past weekend Auntie Em came into town and visited. We went to Brass Armadillo, painted a lamp, and just hung out. I also got Raelynn's bag packed. I'm waiting to pack mine until the end of the month after I get paid and go to get a few things I need. This week is parent teacher conferences, which means 2 late nights. On the good side, we have Friday off and we will FINALLY get to have a dinner with Grandma, Tate, and Maddy at a decent time. (Hopefully...) We have a wedding to go to this weekend and I'm not sure what I'll wear. Probably just a skirt and nice shirt.
I'm definitely finding my belly bigger and bumping into more things or finding I can't fit into places. Today it was chilly enough to wear a jacket, and as I was walking into the building the gals at the door were laughing at me. It is time to find a coat of Ryan's that fits and zips otherwise I look like a fat man in a little coat. :) And I'm sorry, but even if you are pregnant, it is NOT ok to tell a woman that she is getting bigger. I had someone come up to me today at work and tell me that I'm getting bigger. I was immediately shocked she would say that and a little offended. So whether you've been pregnant or not, it is not ok to look at a pregnant woman and tell her she's getting bigger!
Thankfully the week is half over and I get to go home this weekend! I definitely miss my family, and once a month isn't quite enough.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the week!

Love,
The Thomas Family

No comments:

Post a Comment