Monday, August 15, 2011

25 Weeks

This is the week I go back to work. I'm not sure how I'm going to make it without my naps, guess I'll have to come home and take a SHORT one. Today and Tuesday are my last days to relax and then its off to meetings and finishing up my classroom. I am glad it is finally here. It has been nice to relax, but getting back on a routine will be nice, plus I think time will go by fast.
Last Wednesday I got a call and said I failed the 1 hour glucose test for gestational diabetes. My blood sugar was at a 147. So I went in on Thursday for the 3 hour test. They drew blood when I first got there, I drank the drink, waited an hour, had blood drawn, waited another hour, had blood drawn, and waited the final hour, and had blood drawn. They called me Friday late afternoon and told me my blood sugars were right where they wanted them. Yea! The doctor wanted me to keep eating a healthy diet. I think my first 1 hour test was high because I ate a foot long Subway sandwich for lunch! It was delicious, but I will not be making that mistake again.
We went Saturday to Aunt Patsy and Uncle Billy's and got Raelynn's crib! It is one she used for her own children that she got from the farm. She had the old one I used when I was a baby, but it was shorter to the ground and the mattress was not adjustable. The sides on her bed slide up and down. I know there are regulations against them making those cribs anymore, but I think it will work just fine. I don't anticipate her being in there for very long, and she will learn that when it is time to sleep, she needs to lay down and sleep. So while Ryan was downstairs working on putting in some cabinets, I put her crib together! It is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to get my bedding and finish it!
While we were at Aunt Patsy's, Aunt Betty was there. She had tons of girl clothes, a exersaucer, bottles, and more! Yesterday I went through her clothes and picked out the 0-3 months that she will be able to wear and am in the process of washing them. I have lots of hangers, but can't decide where I want to put her clothes. In the dresser, or in her closet. So I've put quite a bit of jammies and things in her dresser and hung up the onesies and dresses.
Her room is almost done! I have butterflies to put on the walls yet, and probably some of the Disney pictures. Now we're just waiting for her to get here!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Love,
The Thomas Family

No comments:

Post a Comment