Friday, July 1, 2011

Week 18 and Its a.........

This week we got to find out what our Chicken Little is....and its a GIRL!!!!! The ultrasound revealed she was healthy and VERY wiggly! Unfortunately my placenta is on the top instead of on the bottom, which is no big deal, which creates a pillow and so I can't feel her moving as much as she is moving. She weights 8 ounces. Things could not be better with our little girl!!! They remind you to drink about 32 ounces of water so your bladder is full. Well when I got in the waiting room, I was jumping at every bump and wiggle because I REALLY had to pee! When we got in the room, it was difficult to lay down and as soon as she put the wand on my belly and looked at my bladder, she said it was WAY too full! What a releif when I got to empty it. When we were almost done with the ultrasound, she said my bladder was already filling up. She couldn't check to see if there were 10 toes because our Chicken Little was digging her toes into my bladder.

We have decided though she isn't going to have ALL pink stuff. We're painting her dresser a darker blue with orange poka dots and when I was looking at bedding I found a really cute, bright colored, circle bedding set.

This week has been long. My classes are almost over and I can't wait! I've been feeling good except for being hungry! I haven't been sleeping very well and I can't decide if it is because I've been coming home and working and then taking a nap, or because my back hurts. So yesterday I didn't nap until about 7 and only napped for about a half hour. Then Ryan and I went for a walk about 8. I slept MUCH better last night! I saw the first stretch marks this morning... So I'll have to apply loation liberally from here on out.

Today we are getting ready to go to Michigan to the annual Thomas Family Reunion. I am very excited to get out of town and see Ryan's family! I always have a good time at the reunion and spending time with his family. Plus, on this trip, I'll be able to say I have been to a new state! I'm not so sure I will enjoy 24 total hours in the car though... 6 hours tonight, 6 hours on Saturday, 9 hours on Sunday, and another 3 hours on Monday. I sure am glad we have Monday off!

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment