Monday, December 5, 2011

Shall I ever see the light at the end of the tunnel?

41 weeks today. I thought I wouldn't see 40 weeks, and I NEVER thought I'd see past 41 weeks. Guess Raelynn has a mind of her own and like everyone has been saying, is showing her personality. Maybe she's taking after her Paw Paw Tim, and is going to be late for lots of things. :) Last Wednesday I was supposed to set an induction date, but the doctor was OK with waiting until this week instead. She has said my pregnancy has been a breeze and she has no concerns. So I go back today to set an induction date and see how things are progressing. I've had a few stronger contractions that I had hoped were real, but no such luck. I have noticed more swelling lately in my ankles and fingers, but that is to be expected this late in the game.
This past week was good. It started slow but then speed up. Thursday I had a scare though. About 2:15 my vision went spotty, but I just thought it was going to go away. By 230 my fingers on my right hand were going numb and I decided I needed to go the nurse to have her check my blood pressure. She checked my blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature and everything was within the normal range. By then, my whole right arm was numb and tingly as well as the right side of my face. I could tell my face was funny because then I started to talk funny. (It was like I had just been to the dentist and they numbed my mouth.) So I called the doctors office and had to leave a message. I walked down to my room to get my water and phone so I could call again and went back to the nurse's office to lay down. Shortly after I laid down, the numbness started going away. About an hour after it all started, the doctor's office called me back and said that the doctor wasn't concerned with the numbness, but that I needed to go home and count Raelynn's kicks. If I didn't have 10 in an hour then I needed to have something sweet to drink, and count for the next hour. Well of course as I got in the car to go home she was active again and being her normal self. So she must have been sitting just right on a nerve to make me go numb.
This weekend we went grocery shopping on Saturday and relaxed together. (Probably one of our last days to do so.) Sunday Ryan worked and so I just hung out around the house, cleaned, read a book, napped and waited for Comcast to come fix our box. (Which he never did come...) Other than that it was pretty boring. Fifth weekend in a row at home without a baby kind of sucks.
This week we WILL be having a baby! My doctor won't let me go into my 42nd week, so this week is it! I'm REALLY hoping to go into labor on my own, but Raelynn just might have other plans. Other than that, we have no plans for the week. This Sunday is Ryan's Christmas party at work, and I know he wants to go. It might just be him going to his Christmas party, depending on how I'm feeling and how old Raelynn is.
Every day I walk into work someone says something about how I'm still here. Yep! I want to spend every day of my leave with my little girl and not any time sitting at home with just me. I've spent the last 6 weekends at home and I don't need to spend any week days at home.
So for sure, this week we will be holding our little girl in our arms. I've waited for this for over 9 months, and thought about it for years. And in all honesty, I'm scared shitless! I'm anxious. I'm nervous. I'm excited. And I'm scared. I know we will be great parents, but the unknown is hard. I'm so glad I have family and friends who are there for us when we need them. I'm also so glad to have a husband and father like Ryan in my life! I know we will be able to get through anything together! 

I hope everyone has a great week! Be looking forward to the text of our Raelynn Marie!

Love,
The Thomas Family

1 comment:

  1. I'm sooo excited to see her picture and hear all about her entrance into the world! Hope that she comes on her own!

    ReplyDelete