Monday, November 28, 2011

40 weeks...ugh

Well, we all thought Raelynn would be here by now. Guess she has other plans! My doctors appointment Friday went well. My mom and Ryan both got to go. I've only gained about 23 pounds so far, which I'm happy with! I really thought the last few weeks I'd gain a ton. Her heart rate was 148. My blood pressure looked good (I can't remember the exact numbers). I was a centimeter dilated and 50% thinned. She said I'm still measuring the same, but she feels like her feet are lower than they were last time. We will talk about an induction date on Wednesday when I go in if I haven't had her by then. I would like to make it for the weekend or Friday because I want to give Raelynn as much time to come on her own as possible. Being induced is not something I want.
Last week was WONDERFUL!!! 2 work days, and then 5 days off! Mom, Dad, and Emily came up on Wednesday afternoon and stayed until Friday afternoon. Wednesday we drove around looking at gun shops, antique shops, the Battle of Lexington Civil War historical museum, and went grocery shopping. Dad was hooked on the computer, the History channel, and the Discovery channel all weekend! Thursday we all slept in! About 1 we cooked our Thanksgiving Feast of fried fish, fried okra, fried mushrooms, homemade chips, and green beans! It was DELICIOUS!!! It was very nice to have a non-traditional Thanksgiving. We went on 2 walks too to get Raelynn moving... It didn't work... Friday we went to my doctors appointment and relaxed the rest of the day. Saturday I had to get out of the house so I went to the mall and walked around. Yesterday Ryan's Aunt Jan and Uncle Ray came by to visit on their way home from Texas. It was VERY nice to see them! They had never been to the house before. I wish we lived closer to Ryan's family so Raelynn could get to know them better, but who knows, things could change when she gets here.
This week I'm just hoping for a baby! Ryan works all week, but today there isn't anyone extra to cover him if she comes today. So tomorrow would be good. Although I REALLY didn't want to come to work today. I have been here about an hour and have already had tons of people say "Oh you're here!" Yes... I'm here, but I don't want to be.

I hope everyone has a great week and I hope we have some good news to share mid week!

Love,
The Thomas Family

1 comment: