Monday, November 14, 2011

38 weeks, 14 days!!

It is getting closer! And with that my anxiety, nerves and excitement are going up!
Last week went by SOOO fast! It was AMAZING! I had a doctor appointment on Friday and I was a fingertip dilated. My Strep B test came back negative. She is still definitely head down. Heart rate was good and blood pressure was too. My doctor comes back this week and I will be glad to see her. The doctor I've been seeing is VERY nice, but not very informative. When she does a heart beat check, she never says what it is. When she measures me, she never says what it is. When she did my cervix check, she never gave me more information than how much I was dilated. Again, VERY nice but not very informative. So we shall see what happens on Wednesday at my next doctor appointment. I have been feeling more contractions, and I'm pretty sure they are not just Braxton Hicks.
This weekend we lounged, cleaned house, walked, and had friends over for dinner. Saturday we were talking about playing music for babies to make them stop crying. So we decided we'd see what type of music Raelynn likes. We played Notorious BIG for her, and she was moving her head along with other rap music. We played Bob Segar for her and she was wiggly. We then played American Pie for her, and she must have known it was a dancing song because she was moving her feet along with her head. :) Then I had to stop playing music because she was moving her head so much in my pelvis that it hurt.
Saturday night after dinner, we were playing games with Kaity and Ben and my feet got very swollen! So I put them up and they got a little better, but they still kind of hurt. My hands didn't well much, but they did get puffy. (I know how swollen they are by by ring.) After they left, I called the Labor and Delivery nurses at the hospital and explained to them what happened. She said it was normal this late in my pregnancy and that by the end of the day my feet probably would do that. Just to keep them up. Sunday when I got up they were still a little swollen, but not bad. It eventually went away on Sunday. I'm thinking though, I sat too long at the table with my feet dangling.
Sunday we relaxed all day. We even had just spaghetti-o's for supper. I'm sure our weekends of just relaxing and doing nothing are about over. We did go for a walk Friday night and Sunday morning. I'm hoping it will help her move down. I'm also hoping Ryan will be willing to go for a walk every night this week.
This week we don't have much planned. I'm having dinner with a friend on Wednesday and hopefully pedicures with another friend on Thursday. I'm REALLY trying not to get my hopes up for Raelynn coming early, but its SO hard! I just want her here! (And a break from work would be nice!) But 7 more days of work until Thanksgiving break!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Love,
The Thomas Family

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog from Baby Center! :) I love that someone else is playing music for their baby. My little girl loves Mandisa and Jamie Grace! Going to start following your blog, and hopefully you're little girl will come early for you! :)

    ReplyDelete