Monday, December 26, 2011

2 weeks old

It is hard to believe two weeks have already gone by. Our little girl has already changed a great deal and I'm falling more in love with her each day. So much has happened in her first two weeks of life! She's been to her Auntie Em's college graduation 3 hours away and she's been to Illinois to see her daddy's family and friends. She's been to Walmart a few times. She's been to Bass Pro to see Santa. She's been snuggled up close at home with her Momma and Papa. She's been sniffed by her brothers. She's been in a million outfits, one of which got stuck on her head. :( She's had cloth diapers put on her butt. She's pooped and peed on the bed and made me laugh at her poops and pees. She's had a million pictures taken sleeping and awake. She's cried a few tears and had many silent screaming bouts. (Scares her Momma when she does her silent screams and she doesn't breathe.)
I know I have had a great 2 weeks getting to know Raelynn and watching her smile and scrunch her face. I've had a few moments of sadness and moments where I have no idea what to do next! Raelynn has had a few days so far where she spends the afternoon very upset, but I'm guessing it is because she is overtired. Often I rock or pat her to sleep in the afternoon. I LOVE holding her and snuggling with her. She can always make me smile!
I've been doing good. I'm back into my pre-pregnancy pants for the most part. All the extra skin is still hanging over the top, but my skin stretched slowly for 10 months and it isn't going to go back to place over night. Breastfeeding has been going great! Lately, she's been taking a mouth full and then letting it all fall out, making both of us very sticky! She gained all of her weight back plus 1 ounce in the first week. She goes back at 8 weeks for her first round of shots and check up.
She has been eating about every 2.5-3 hours except some nights she will go 4 or more hours. When she rides in the car she can go longer without eating (about 4 hours). Some nights it is a challenge to get her back to sleep, so her and I rock in the recliner after eating. Often I fall asleep there and we spend a few hours in the recliner sleeping. She HATES her clothes being changed about 90% of the time as well as her diaper being changed. She's had one real bath since her cord fell off, and she didn't like it either. She sleeps on her belly at night because that is the only way she will sleep longer. She has awesome neck and head control so I'm not too concerned with her sleeping on her belly. Plus, I'm going to do what helps us all sleep. (Although her Papa sleeps through her cries.) She still uses her pacifier often. She got a new pacifier this weekend with a caterpillar attached so we can all find it easier. She does great with the dogs barking and sniffing her; she doesn't wake up. She does VERY well in her Moby wrap when we go out. Often she gets in there and sleeps making Walmart trips and eating out very easy!

Her Papa and I are enjoying every minute with our pretty girl!

Happy Holidays,
The Thomas Family

No comments:

Post a Comment