Monday, December 5, 2011

I see the light at the end of the tunnel...

I go in on Thursday at 4:45 to begin the process. Paperwork, cervidil, and then pitosin. So Raelynn will be here Friday sometime for sure. And... This momma is nervous!! Right now I'm more nervous about being a mom than I think I am about going birth at this point in time. I'm nervous about how we are going to do everything. I know we will get through it together and I know we will both be great parents. Its not like it's a huge shock that a baby is going to change our lives, I knew the day she was born that was going to happen. I guess now that we have an end date it has hit me hard what is really about to happen. But as nervous as I am, I can't wait to meet our little girl and hold and kiss her and take care of her!
I am also nervous about going birth, as I have been for about 4 weeks. I'm worried about how bad the pain is going to be and if I am going to be able to stick to my natural birth plan. And being induced makes me even more nervous about how much pain I will be able to tolerate. I've heard good stories and bad stories about being induced, but most lead to an epidural. An epidural is something I REALLY don't want. A needle that close to my spine scares the poop out of me!
I will be working all day on Thursday because sitting at home all day would drive me crazy!! Plus, everything is ready. Bags are packed, nursery is prepared, and car seat is in. Plus I want to have all the days possible I can with our little girl instead of sitting around waiting for her. Call me crazy, it's ok!
I know I have the best birth partner I could ask for and the best Papa for my daughter! I also know I have the best mom, sister, grandma, and aunts a girl could ask for too! They will all always be a call away! I am very thankful I get to bring our little girl into such a loving family!
So, be prepared on Friday to get pictures of Raelynn!! I hope she comes on her own before and, but if not, we definitely see a light at the end of the tunnel!

Love,
The Soon to be Complete Thomas Family

No comments:

Post a Comment